Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday February 11

So I know that it took me a while to finish my posts.  I think was because all of the worrying that I had done was over and I just fell into a pile of mush on the floor.  Sorry, I know how much all of you have been reading this and I can't believe all of the support we have had from you guys.
So, onto Friday...
The morning started out beautiful, Blye recovered very well from the crazy day that he had before, but you could tell that he was being affected from the changes in his body.  We went down and had a great breakfast once again.  Complete with the fresh squeezed orange juice that even Mr. Blye loved.  We went back up to the room and decided that we needed to stick around the hotel.  Grandpa and Grandma decided that they would venture out into the city and do some sight seeing on their own. Off they went and we snuggled in to have a a low key day.  Books and movies fill the first part, then my body decided that I needed a long time coming nap.  Nap, yes I said nap, I normally don't find that as part of my vocabulary for me.  The more I sat there with Blye trying to read through his books I found myself dosing off and coming back and trying to reread the same pages.  I gave up.  Gary took Blye and they went into where our part of the room and I closed my eyes.  Waking up 3 hours later, I realized that I had slept well past lunch for Blye.  Once I was functioning, we ordered the famous potato soup from the hotel restaurant for Blye.  When I placed the order low and behold the voice on the other end was Blye's crush Natascha.  So in 15 minutes there was a knock at the door and in walked Mr. Blye's crush with soup in hand.  Talk a about a little boy that was surprised.  We never really saw her out of the restaurant and it was hilarious to see him with that flirting little smile and blushing cheeks.  So after his face had returned to color, we fed him his lunch.  Around 3:00 Grandpa and Grandma came back and suggested that Gary and I go out and sightsee and they would hang out with Blye.  So we got ready and went out.  We rode our train to the Heinrich Heine Allee and decided that we would go further.  We ended up getting off 2 stops later and it dumped us in a whole new area.  Lots of great little local shops were there, a lot of them were closing for the day, so there were very few that we went into.  I have to say though that I really did like window shopping and just walking with Gary.  So we found another Kaufhof and decided to go check that one out.  The building was really cool on the outside and like the other ones that we found, lots of levels to get lost in.  We did find some clothes for him there.  We found a t-shirt all in German that translates to small + clever + brazen = me.  We thought that it was perfect for him.  So after that we decided we would catch a train and try to find our way back.  We hope on a train and it took us to the Hauptbahnhof.  HOLY MOLEY!  Every kid that lived in the city was there hanging out in front. I would say that that was the popular spot.  We had found the main hub for all of the transportation for the whole city.  There were so many people.  We grabbed a bratwurst and some pomme frites and decided that we really didn't want to hang around there much longer and decided to head back.  We got back to the hotel and found the rest of the gang.  They hadn't ate yet so we ran down to the restaraunt together and fed Mr. Blye spaghetti and Mom and Dad had their supper.  Since Gary and I had eaten we decided that we would partake of some German beer.  It was great.  I have to say I like it very much.  A lot smoother than beer in America and did not have that really hoppy aftertaste.  So after everyone was finished we headed back to the rooms to tuck in for the night.  I have to say for a low key day it was just that.  We really needed that.

No comments:

Listen to blyesmoms Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones